Friday, April 10, 2009

In the begining

I have an alternating feeling of excitement and dismay. What have I done? I ordered the bees in February, signed up for Bee School courtesy of Worcester County Beekeepers Association ($30/family), and ordered some startup equipment (Brushy Mountain Bee Farm).

Two Sundays ago, I decided to run out to Lagrants Honeybees in Ware to get some prefabbed frames with comb, since I had yet to receive any supplies I had ordered. A week and a half ago, the box of wooden parts arrived. I picked up the nails at Home Depot last night. This weekend will include gluing, nailing, and painting (I still have to get the paint)...I should have done it last weekend, but I didn't get to it. I did however manage to watch a movie or two. They must not have been very good, because I don't remember what they were...just that at the time, I had to see the endings...oh yeah, one was Sean of the Dead or something...like I said, it wasn't very good.

Anyway. This weekend will be all work. Work work work. Monday I pick up my bee's and hive them. They are on order from nebees.com

I'm going to have to make some sugar water on Sunday...I hope I have time...it will be Easter, and I think I'll have to cook. Ah well, If I can't fit it in, maybe the bee man will sell me some on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment